So here is my official announcement blog post — my bestie Marnie and I plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2022!! The trail traverses California, Oregon, and Washington, from Mexico to Canada, and is 2650 miles long. We plan to start at the southern terminus at the Mexico border and head north. It is a journey of five or six months, depending on how fast you hike.
We have gotten our thru-hike permits from the Pacific Crest Trail Association (albeit for days at the end of May which isn’t feasible when hiking through the California desert, we are looking for cancellations to get a better date and a date together) and we are working to get prepared for the trail.
EDIT: We were able to get permits for the end of March! Yay!
We would love it if you would pray for us for these specifics:
- That God will be glorified in our hiking.
- Provision (finances, bravery, physical and mental strength, etc.) for the trail.
- Protection from injury/illness, ice, snow, water crossings, critters, anything else.
- Fitness and ability to get good nutrition on trail (both of us sometimes find it hard to eat while backpacking).
- Successful and smooth food and resupply boxes prep (there are places where there isn’t a good place to resupply for food, we will mail supply boxes to those places).
- That we will get our “trail legs” soon so we can hike the miles we need to hike to finish on time (before the snows in Washington).
- Energy to journal at the end of each day.
- That neither of us will experience post-trail depression when we get home, but instead have energy and enthusiasm for the next stage of our lives.
- Anything else applicable that you can think of!
Thank you!! Please feel free to ask any questions about our trip in the comments!
And if you want to know more about the PCT, The Trek’s website is a great place to start!